We're excited to be able to offer you an energy management course PLUS 2degrees business level membership - all for £100! But you'll have to get in quick - there are only a few days left to register.
The training course, run by GAIA Active, is aimed at non-energy specialists and will cover a wide range of topics, from understanding energy costs and finding savings opportunities to engaging staff on energy efficiency. It's open to everyone, not just 2degrees members - so why not let a colleague know if you think it would be suitable for them?
Kicking off this month, the course has been designed to fit into your busy schedule, combining just one day of face-to-face training with five 1-hour online, peer-to-peer sessions hosted by 2degrees between April and September.
The training would usually cost £500 but, thanks to DECC’s support, GAIA Active is able to offer the whole course for just £100 per delegate. And what’s more, you’ll get free business level membership on 2degrees for a year (normally worth £495) when you sign up for the training, enabling you to collaborate with your peers and address your challenges together online following the face-to-face session. A saving of up to £900!
There isn’t long left to register, so click here to sign up today!
- A practical 1-day training programme session. The remaining dates to choose from are 14th & 15th March for London, 19th March for Birmingham and 22nd March for Manchester. Payment can be made by credit card or invoice
- Five bite-sized, follow-up webinars hosted on 2degrees (split over five months) that will enable you to discuss the practical implementation with your peers who attended the sessions across the country.
Who should attend?
If you’re responsible for facilities, safety, health & environment, property, financial control, building services, operations or line management, then this is the course for you. In other words, managers who have direct or indirect interest in part or all of their organisation's energy consumption will find this course invaluable.
It is especially beneficial for those who are not energy specialists but see energy as a key focus for them this year.
What will the 1-day face-to-face programme cover?
- How to measure energy costs and leverage building asset value
- How to find savings opportunities and prioritise them
- How to understand and interpret energy data
- How to create an energy reduction strategy and targets
- How to stay safe of legislation and compliance
What will the webinars cover?
The webinar programme leads on from the 1-day course, encouraging candidates to put actions into place. The webinars will be hosted by 2degrees and will cover:
- Strategy: How to create an energy reduction plan
- HVAC: How to leverage savings from heating and cooling
- Senior/Middle management engagement: How to obtain buying from line managers and the boardroom
- All staff engagement: How to undertake an all-staff engagement programme
- Capital investments: How to create a business case for capital investments
Each webinar will include a 30-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute discussion, with candidates submitting exercises after each webinar.
What are the key benefits of the course?
- This programme is subsidised as part of the DECC initiative to broaden energy management expertise. As a result, the course is 85% subsidised until March 31st 2013, costing only £100 per candidate.
- Designed to fit in with your busy schedule by combining just one day of training with bite-sized, peer-to-peer webinars.
- Enables a candidate network, using the 2degrees platform and including free annual 2degrees membership (worth £495), designed to support one another throughout the programme and afterwards.
- Delivered by experienced energy managers who are actively involved in delivering on energy reduction projects.
- Offers recognition with a certificate on completion by the Energy Manager Association.