It’s been another fascinating year in the world of sustainable business, as you continue to grapple with the challenges thrown up by resource scarcity, energy price hikes, supply chain inefficiencies and customer demands.
And 2degrees continues to support you on your journey by delivering the best webinars, case studies, interviews and news analysis across the platform – not to mention the very best community environment to host your discussions, debates, challenges and best practice clinics.
We hope you’ve made the most of your free membership this year – and will continue to get involved in the community throughout 2013.
But what has been the most popular content across 2degrees these past 12 months? Here’s the Top 25 most viewed pieces of 2012, in case you missed them first time round:
1. Top 20 Sustainable Business Leaders on Twitter
Casual round-up of the business professionals making the most of the social media phenomenon.
2. 5 things your sustainability program can learn from the adult entertainment industry
Yes, really. And yes, it is safe to read this at work.
3. Six Growing Trends in Corporate Sustainability
Report summary of Ernst & Young’s latest output.
4. Seven Ways Embedding Sustainability Creates Value
As part of the 2degrees Book Club, Nadya Zhexembayeva explains the seven levels of value creation that comes from embedding sustainability into your organization.
5. The Death of Green and Other Trends Behind Embedded Sustainability
Nadya Zhexembayeva again, this time describing three big trends in embedding sustainability.
1. Towards sustainability: Harmonizing corporate water tools for better water governance
Part of our extensive – and pretty impressive – World Water Week coverage
2. ISO 50001: Understanding and meeting the new energy management standard
All you need to know about the standard.
3. Employee Engagement Innovation: The collision of games, social networking and sustainability
Gamification in action.
4. Sustainable cities: How businesses are tackling the evolving urban waste challenge
A great panel discussion between Veolia, Asda and Coca-Cola Enterprises
5. Selling Sustainability? In search of the retail business case for sustainable diets
With WWF’s One Planet Food program
1. M&S' greenest store sets agenda for future designs
All about the retailer’s impressive Cheshire Oaks store.
2. From bamboo to mushrooms: How Dell is pushing packaging innovation
Oliver Campbell tells us all about his company’s packaging ambitions
3. How do you go from a DEC rating of 'G' to 'C' in four years? Just ask DECC
Impressive stuff from the Whitehall department
4. Waitrose blazes the trail with two more BREEAM 'Outstanding' stores
Retailers ups the ante with green stores
5. Tata Steel: The business case for product sustainability
Take a look at the steel giant’s use of lifecycle assessment methods.
Discussions and challenges
1. What are your Desktop Power Savers?
Wanda Keenan, technologist, BBC
2. Major International Hotel Chain Asks: Do we ban unsustainable products from our supply chain?
The anonymous chain were very grateful for the plethora of responses.
3. Ask the Expert: Supply Chain Clinic
We helped you identify your supply chain hotspots, with help from URS
4. Conflicting reports about the efficiency of T5 vs T8 tubes
What’s best? There’s only one way to find out…
5. How Do You Deal With Waste Plastics Contaminated with Maggots?
It’s a big problem, according to your responses.
1. Connecting the Dots: Human population growth across the globe
Fascinating – and slightly worrying – visual of how humans have taken over the planet.
2. How Google is Creating Healthier, More Productive Work Places
Step inside everybody’s favourite search engine.
3. Watch how M&S created its greenest ever store
It’s that retailer again. And Cheshire Oaks again.
4. 30-floor Wooden Skyscraper Planned for Vancouver
Architect Michael Green talks about his plans for the Canadian city.
5. The 'X' Model of Employee Engagement
Quirky, yet informative, video on the ins and outs of staff engagement.
Help and guidance
1. How Are Global Companies Responding to Sustainability?
How EIRIS’s newly-launched global Sustainability Ratings methodology measures the extent to which some of world’s biggest companies are on track to tackle the sustainability challenges they face.
2. 2degrees Sustainability Essentials: Building Energy Efficiency Through Behavior Change
Comprehensive overview of how behavior change can translate into real energy savings.
3. A Tool for Sustainability SWOT Teams
World Resources Institute’s preview on a brand new tool for corporate sustainability.
4. Waste Management Yearbook 2012
Collection of provocative articles by senior figures whose views and decisions help to shape the waste industry.
5. The Energy Price Challenge
Power Efficiency’s take on the energy price debate
Thanks for being there this year; let's do it all again in 2013.