From apps to LEDs and electric cars to urban infrastructure, it’s that time of year when we look back at what’s been most popular in the 2degrees Smart Cities working group during 2012.
- Connecting the Dots: Human population growth across the globe
This short video gives a graphic insight into world population growth across the globe from 1 AD up to 2030 AD. Each dot represents 1 million people.
- The greenest car list
Across the Atlantic 2012 was a milestone year for electric cars as the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy put one in the top spot for its annual rankings of greenest vehicles.
- 36 behaviour change options for reducing emissions
Great round-up of behavioural change options in the areas of mobility, housing and food, which could be used to reduce emissions.
- How interactive maps can transform cities
From the best Chinese takeaways to pedestrian road casualties, interactive maps have transformed the way we can gather and visualize data.
- The World's most competitive cities: Who tops the list and why
Which are the top global cities when it comes to attracting capital, businesses, talent and visitors?
- An infographic breakdown of our worlds greenest cities
Great infographic by the Fast Company which looks at some of the factors that add up to create environmentally responsible cities.
- Europe and North America’s most congested cities revealed
What do Bradford and Los Angeles have in common? That’s right, avoid them if you don’t want to get stuck in traffic – especially on a Tuesday.
- London to become global centre for smart city development
The newly-built Crystal, Siemens’ flagship centre for its infrastructure and cities arm of the business, puts London centre stage to exploit the growing market in products and services for smart cities.
- The rise of LEDs and what it means for cities
In-depth guide exploring the global market status and potential for LED and smart control technology.
- Four apps for getting around London on public transport
Take the pain out of travelling by the tube, bus and cycle hire.
- 100 innovative and inspiring examples of urban infrastructure
The second edition of KPMG’s Infrastructure 100 provides insight into the infrastructure projects that make great cities.
- 109 Ideas to improve 21 cities (and five of our favorites)
A look at the Living Labs Global Award 2012 shortlist of 109 potentially transformative ideas for 21 cities.
Got your own favourite from 2012 that you'd like to share? Add it in the comment box below.
Find out which were the top 12 of 2012 in the Built Environment working group.