Given the increasing occurrence of unusual weather patterns, it is no longer enough for businesses merely to identify the places where their operations are vulnerable to water shortages or water quality problems. Ernst & Young provides five steps you can take to manage those risks and manage water as a shared resource.
- Develop a corporate water strategy
- Understand the current state of water risks at the watershed level
- Understand the business’s water footprint, both locally and across the value chain
- Engage internally at the facility or corporate level and externally with local stakeholders to evaluate the risks and impacts
- Report externally and seek independent assurance
Download the report for more details on dealing with water scarcity.