The European Commission recently announced the publication of two guides on environmental footprinting for organisations and products. Dr. Michael Spielmann answers the following questions:
- What are the motivations and guiding principles of the European Commission's Environmental Footprinting Initiative?
- Does the environmental footprinting methodology jeopardize established product life cycle assessment in companies?
- Will environmental footprinting fundamentally change current environmental corporate reporting practise?
- How can the environmental footprinting initiative change the setting for environmental product/organisation declarations in the long run?
- How can companies shape environmental footprinting of products and organisations?
- What is the relationship between the product environmental footprint guide and the organisational environmental footprint guide, and what are the implications for companies?
- What environmental information must be reported?
Get the answers here!