The Clean Cargo Working Group (CCWG) by BSR is a global, business-to-business initiative dedicated to improving the environmental performance of marine container transport. Join this session to learn how:
- Heineken has improved their shipping-related CO2 emissions in response to consumer (B2C) pressures and ambitions to become the world’s most sustainable brewer
- Maersk Line has improved their CO2 emissions in response to customer (B2B) pressures and internal sustainability goals
- Clean Cargo Working Group enables:
- equal exchange between shipping customers and suppliers
- development of industry-standard maritime emissions calculations
- analysis and benchmarking of ocean carrier performance
About Clean Cargo
CCWG creates practical tools for measuring, evaluating, and reporting the environmental impacts of global goods transportation, helping ocean freight carriers track and benchmark their performance and easily report to customers in a standard format, and cargo owners (shippers and third-party logistics companies) review and compare carriers’ environmental performance when reporting and making informed buying decisions. Today, CCWG tools represent the industry standard for measuring and reporting ocean carriers’ environmental performance on carbon-dioxide emissions.
BSR works with its global network of nearly 300 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North and South America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
Mads Stensen, Environmental Manager, Maersk Line;
Willem Jan-Beerthuis, Global Category Buyer Logistics, Heineken;
Angie Farrag, Project Manager, Clean Cargo Manager, Transport & Logistics Practice, BSR