If you missed today's webinar, "Packaging Sustainability: Definitions, trends and innovations," the recording is available here.
We were joined by Katherine O'Dea, Senior Fellow and Director, Advisory Services, GreenBlue. She discussed the variety of definitions involved in sustainable packaging challenges from around the world, followed by an expert analysis of trends in the area, with a particular focus on the US context. Finally, she offered some innovative and exciting developments in sustainable packing.
The slides can be accessed separately from the recording in the Sustainable Supply Chain working group.
If you are looking for other resources related to sustainable packing, here are a few places to get started:
- Global Protocol on Packaging Sustainability 2.0
- Bioplastics: An Important Component of Global Sustainability
- Sustainable Packaging: Greening the Supply Chain, blog post by Dave Meyer Part 1, Part 2
- Evaluating the environmental impacts of single vs reusable cups
- A Global Language for Packaging and Sustainability
Please don't hesitate to contact Katherine or myself with further questions, or to post a comment on this blog. On behalf of everyone at 2degrees, we would like to thank Katherine for her informative presentation.